What Is the Opportunity?
We are looking for a Sr. Project/Client Services Manager to manage both key client projects and APECS engineering staff. This unique role combines exceptional people skills, demonstrated management acumen, and project savvy. The ability to motivate, supervise, develop and grow our talented technical team will be at the core of this role. And because we are a small and nimble company, this will also be a hands-on project management job, including with client service responsibilities.
Who Are We?
For more than two decades, APECS has been recognized as a leader in the delivery of expertise driven project management and value based engineering solutions. At the heart of APECS is a technical team of diverse engineering professionals with a broad range of experience in design, construction, start-up, and operation of large and small-scale industrial facilities. Located in Boulder, Colorado, APECS provides high quality technical solutions that meet the requirements of our clients in the advanced/renewable energy, pharmaceutical and oil and gas sectors. Visit us at www.apecsinc.com.
Who Are You?
You will be a degreed engineer with at least 10 years’ consulting/contracting experience in Project Management and 5 years’ experience in a lead or management capacity in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or other regulated industry. You have demonstrated your team-building abilities, coupled with your strong project management foundation. Your work style is adaptable and communication is one of your strong suits. You appreciate diversity in projects and have demonstrated an ability to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders, as well as working independently.
Responsibilities to include:
- Hire, develop, manage, mentor and lead cross-functional engineering teams
- Serve as the Client Services Manager for certain clients
- Lead complex multi-site project teams, ensuring effective cross-functional teamwork among project team members, including both internal and external stakeholders
- Serve as a principle point of contact between clients and internal project stakeholders
- Manage overall project timelines, scope and budget and serves as the escalation point for project issues
- Facilitate completion of project deliverables
- Contribute to product design and development plans and risk assessments
- Track estimated project revenues and costs against defined metrics
- Perform lessons learned on projects and make information available to other project teams
Your background will include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 15+ years’ experience in engineering consulting/contracting, including Project Management in pharmaceutical, biotech or other regulated industry
- At least 5 years’ experience leading technical teams
- Demonstrated team-building skills
- Enthusiasm for developing and managing technical/engineering staff
- Possess a balanced skills set of human and project management
- A highly collaborative style of communication
- Be highly organized
- Demonstrated ability to see the micro and the macro when it comes to problem solving
- Demonstrated successful record managing scope, schedule and budget
- Strong experience with commissioning, qualification, validation, automation, and compliance
- Operational background with owner companies
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage priorities accordingly amongst several competing initiatives
- Demonstrated strong planning, personnel management, and project systems expertise
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong teamwork and collaborative skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead/influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a matrixed team environment
- Creative problem solving skills and decision making abilities that adapt to change
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, facilitate meetings, lead customer support projects, mentor junior team members and effectively manage client escalations
- Strong working knowledge of project management methodologies and best practices
- Exceptional, demonstrable project management and client interface skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrated skill in work flow and process analysis skills
APECS stands by its belief in work-life balance and offers great flexibility for individuals seeking to work part-time, full-time and/or the ability to work remotely when possible. We offer a competitive compensation package, including comprehensive benefits (for full-time W2 staff) and a bonus program.
Are You Ready?
If you are ready to join a powerful, diverse and collaborative team of experienced engineering professionals, this is your chance. If you meet the qualifications we describe above, please send your resume as a Word or PDF attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org.