FPD Lab, Suites, and CompressorIn Biotechnology
APECS Biotechnology Project Roles
APECS personnel acted as owner’s representatives for design and construction of a new Fermentation Product Development lab. Services included project controls, Equipment surveys and coordination, Architectural and MEP coordination, permitting support, contractor coordination, preparing area for occupancy, design, and project management for replacement of air compressors for process and plant air.
Fermentation Project Development Lab Synopsis
New FPD lab includes expanded process development space in an existing 2 story structure expanded to support new product development and process improvement. Lab relocation allows for the expanded processing in a new small scale train with purification, fermentation and supporting suites.
The existing compressor system did not have any redundancy and was having reliability issues. Replacement of existing outdoor water cooled Air Compressor with redundant indoor air cooled air compressors, increased receiver capacity and redundant air dryers, structural modifications and ventilation system for air cooled compressors.
APECS Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide project management services for owner
- Project Execution Planning, Project Controls, Project Communications
- Scope review during Schematic, Detailed Design and Construction Document development phases
- MEP coordination during construction phase to ensure stakeholders needs were met within the constraints of the existing building structure
- Permitting support for Building permit requirements
- Management of supporting design contractors directly contracted to KBI Biopharma
- Commissioning and Startup Oversight