Research CenterIn Specialty Chemicals
APECS personnel acted as owner’s representatives to supplement internal project management staff. Services included project controls, Laboratory Casework and Equipment surveys and coordination, MEP coordination, stakeholder management, permitting support, contractor coordination, preparing infrastructure for occupancy, laboratory, equipment, commissioning oversight and employee move coordination.
Research center with laboratory and parking structure
The Research Center and Parking Garage Projects are both ground up construction projects designed to support rapid growth. The 3-story Research Laboratory building includes approximately 85,000 SF of laboratory and office space below roof. Due to limited footprint the Central Utility Plant is located on the roof.
The Parking Structure is designed for a final build-out of approximately 900 spaces. Phase 1 consisted of 650 parking spaces on a six level park on ramp design. APECS provided project management support and commissioning oversight support for completion of Phase 1.
APECS Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist Principal Project Manager in oversight of two Fast Track projects totaling $100MM
- Project Execution Planning, Project Controls, Project Communications
- Assist program development through stakeholder management for definition of User Requirements
- Scope definition during Schematic, Detailed Design and Construction Document development phases
- Stakeholder management of nine research departments
- Stakeholder management of 10 supporting infrastructure departments; e.g. Facilities, Engineering, EHS, Materials Management, etc
- MEP coordination during Building Information Modeling phase to ensure stakeholder’s needs were met in research laboratories, utility areas and support areas. Casework and furniture coordination support
- Permitting support for Building and EHS permit requirements
- Management of supporting design contractors directly contracted to the client
- Commissioning and Startup Oversight